BioScience Research Collaborative (BRC)
The BioScience Research Collaborative (BRC) is an innovative space where scientists and educators from Rice University and other Texas Medical Center institutions work together to perform leading research that benefits human medicine and health. More than just a building, it is an interdisciplinary, interinstitutional catalyst for new and better ways to collaborate, explore, learn and lead.
The BRC is thoughtfully designed to facilitate and encourage interactions among researchers. It is equipped for cutting-edge laboratory, theoretical and computational investigations, and features eight floors of research labs, classrooms and auditoriums. It is designed to eventually accommodate a visualization center and an entire floor dedicated to biomedical informatics. It meets the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design standards developed by the U.S. Green Building Council, and it also features:
- 477,000 gross square feet
- Two stories of shell space to allow for easy and rapid future expansion, for a total of 10 stories in the first tower
- A base platform designed to support a second research tower, potentially adding up to 150,000 gross square feet
- A 280-seat auditorium
- A 100-seat seminar room
- 10,000 square feet of retail space for a restaurant and shops
- Three levels of underground parking
To learn more about the BRC or for leasing information, please contact Mike Smith via phone at 713-348-8410 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visual tour of the BRC